Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Staying Alive

Even back in my younger days, I was a trivia sponge. One of my favorite sources of obscure historical fact was the People's Almanac series, compiled by David Wallechinsky and Irving Wallace, the guys who also published The Book of Lists series, which I also practically memorized back then.

Anyway, buried somewhere in one of the editions of The People's Almanac was the tragicomic story of the 1930s New York gang Murder Trust and Michael Malloy, who survived over 30 murder attempts. I managed to locate a full reprint of the story which I think you will enjoy.

The Gang That Couldn't Kill Straight Part 1
The Gang That Couldn't Kill Straight Part 2
The Gang That Couldn't Kill Straight Part 3
The Gang That Couldn't Kill Straight Part 4
The Gang That Couldn't Kill Straight Part 5

Technorati tags: , ,

No comments: