Friday, July 27, 2007

Girls On Film (two minutes later)

Square America hosts beautiful old photo galleries of sleeping people, terrified kids, people in love or the oddly poignant intentionally defaced photos.




I think actually my favorite section are the galleries of snapshots from those Insta-Photo booth places. You know the kind I mean, where you could get several of those little two-by-three inch photos on a roll for a quarter? Everyone was always so serious and stiff for those family portraits and all, where the whole clan dressed up in their Sunday finest, no one could move and everyone looked like they would rather be doing just about anything else.

These, though, are the polar opposite. No one's worried if someone's a little out of frame or if the picture comes out a little blurry. Hey, it's only a quarter! It's just really nice to see people as they really were at that instant, loose and relaxed, out having fun and actually smiling! I should confess that I browsed through those with a big, dopey grin on my face, too. Who knows, I may have even been a little bit out of focus. (via PCL LinkDump)

Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: