Saturday, October 17, 2009

Here Comes Science

I've been hearing They Might Be Giants interviews and appearances all over NPR recently in connection with their newest release, Here Comes Science. True, the album is built to encourage kids to get interested in science, but I would be lying to say I didn't thoroughly love this album and the videos for each of the 19 songs on the accompanying DVD.

Here are four of my favorites, but really, practically every single one of the songs and videos is equal parts entertaining, ear-wormy and educational. But don't tell my boys that last bit; they're too busy sing-shouting "I Am A Paleontologist".

Here Comes Science on Amazon


"I Am A Paleontologist", with vocals from TMBG bassist Danny Weinkauf.




"Put It To The Test" in all its 8-bit goodness. And you don't even need to insert a quarter to play it.




"Electric Car", with Robin Goldwasser. Beautiful animation. Adorable overload.




"Meet The Elements". Did you know that elephants are made of elements?

Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: