Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Netflix + iTunes = Lala

thelas
la
lalalala

Lala.com is a music-trading community with a little Netflix and iTunes thrown in for good measure.

The concept is you ship CDs you don't want anymore to other members, and request CDs you do want. Unlike Netflix, there is no monthly charge, you just pay $1 for each CD, plus 49 cents for shipping. You don't pay anything for shipping your CDs to other members, Lala will provide you with prestamped shippers.

The upshot is you get to clear off your CD shelves of stuff you don't listen to anymore and get the music you do want for $1.49 per CD.

I haven't yet tried iTunes but I do loves my Netflix. I think I might give this a try. I mean there must be someone out there braindead adventurous enough to want my Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch CD.

Right now supposedly it's an invite-only thing from another member, but I went to their home page and put in my email address and within a few days I got an invite, so maybe you will,too.

Has anyone else tried this yet?

Technorati tags: ,

No comments: