Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Testing 1, 2, 3... is this thing on?

I've come across what seems to be a nice, clean, free hosting site (www.box.net) that I think will allow me to share the occasional tune. They claim to be pop-up/spayware-free, which is a definite plus. You should be able to listen online or download, whichever you want. If it's really great (or terribly crappy) please let me know, m'kay?

So, what to put up here for the maiden voyage?

How about these random assorted, various and sundry ditties?

Apollo 100 -- "Joy" -- Those of you who either a) grew up in the 70s or b) enjoyed the Boogie Nights soundtrack might remember this one-hit based on Bach's "Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring".

Brother -- "The Clumsy Lover" -- Probably the rockingest traditional Celtic song you'll ever hear. Replete with bagpipes and didgeridoo(!)

Tom Waits -- "Jockey Full of Bourbon" -- The first time I ever heard this song was a long time ago when I rented Jim Jarmusch's "Down By Law" (1986) starring John Lurie, Roberto Benigni and our boy Mister Waits. This track plays during the opening credits as a camera tracks up and down some of New Orleans' seamier side.

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Janet said...

"I scream-a, you scream-a, we all cream-a for ice cream-a" Down By Law is still one of my favorite movies...