Thursday, March 06, 2008

Like Be Kind, Rewind without the budget

Brandon Hardesty is a 22 year-old actor noted for his YouTube fame, where he regularly posts "uncanny" recreations of scenes from movies, playing every part himself.

One of the most charming aspects about the re-enactments is the lo-fi, all-expenses-spared props from around the house. One of the characters is supposed to have facial hair? No problem! That's just some Scotch tape and a Mr. Potato Head mustache! Need a full dress uniform for the Jack Nicholson character in the big "You can't handle the truth!" scene from A Few Good Men? Why, that's a sports jacket with some of Mom's broaches pinned to the lapel.

Searching YouTube, you can easily find dozens of his little scenes. Here are a few of my favorites.

First, a scene from Jurassic Park. Here is a bit of what Brandon had to say about his reason for choosing this particular scene.


The only reason I did this video: Jeff "Freaking" Goldblum. My friends and I sat up all night doing Jeff Goldblum impersonations, ending each sentence with "and, and, if... and, well, thereitis." I have a hunch that when he gets a script, he adds a comma after 90% of the words in all of his lines.

"I'm just saying that, uh, uh, life, uh, finds, a way."

I concentrated on Jeff Goldblum... my impersonation of the other four characters may not be up to par.

And here is the scene





Another favorite of mine (both his version as well as the original) is the "Battle of Wits" scene from The Princess Bride. His impression of Vizzini is spot-on.





Lastly, here's one he shared with Jimmy Kimmel on late-night TV recently. It's the (in)famous "I drink your milkshake!" scene from There Will Be Blood. Love the bowling set, Brandon!



Technorati tags: , ,

No comments: