Tuesday, May 22, 2007

iPodeos

It's the "I wonder if YouTube has a video for this song from my iPod?" game. I got kind of on a roll and a most (but not all) of these are pretty old, from the Eighties... Enjoy!


The Jags - Back of my Hand
Maybe a bit obscure, but some great power pop that some of you may remember.




Yazoo - Only You
Not the original video, nor even the original album version of the song as far as I can tell. This one has additional strings in the arrangement and the video features two store window mannequins in a surprisingly poignant moment.




Mary Gauthier - Mercy Now
A song not from the Eighties! Surprise!

The song is the title cut from Mary Gauthier's 2005 release. The video features images from Katrina. The way she sings the last word in the line "The fruits of his labor/Fall and rot slowly on the ground" makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time.




Al Green - How Can You Mend a Broken Heart
A YouTube user-created video of what has to be my absolute favorite Al Green song.




Ben Harper - Ground on Down
Some righteous slide guitar work plus swimming pool skateboarding FTW.

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: