Tuesday, May 27, 2003

I love you! You love Me!

Won't you please, please, please kill me?



I once read a story about a guy who was listening to a tape by Wham! on his car stereo when he got in an accident. According to the article (which was from The Weekly World News or some such, and most likely competely fabricated) the guy was pinned in his car for several hours as rescue workers struggled to free him. Of course, the entire time aforementioned Wham! tape was playing at full volume and the guy was unable to turn off the stereo. It'd get to the end of the tape, there'd be a few blessed George Michael-free moments while the tape player switched sides of the tape, then back for yet another round of "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go".


Well, the U.S. Army must be avid tabloid readers as well, because they have taken the music-as-torture schtick and moved it to Iraq, blasting uncooperative prisoners with hours of Metallica and, even more horrifying, songs from the children's show Barney.


My fave quote from the article was from one of the US operatives: "In training, they forced me to listen to the Barney "I Love You" song for 45 minutes. I never want to go through that again,".


(Story submitted by Lou, who rocks)

No comments: