Saturday, June 28, 2003

The Day The (Imaginary) Music Died


Johnny: Dude! How ya been?! I never thought I'd see you here at a Crucial Taunt concert! I thought you were more into the oldies. You know, Leather & The Suedes kinda stuff.

Murph: Aw, not any more man... I used to listen to all that retro Zack Attack-type music, but tastes change...

Johnny: What about your band? They still together?

Murph: What, Murph & The Magictones? Yeah, you should check us out! We're headlining at the Holiday Inn Armada Room on Fridays and Saturdays. I can get you in on the guest list.

Johnny: I'll have to do that... You hear about The Mosquitos? Playing a gig on a yacht. Freak storm. Lost at sea.

Murph: Get outta here! I always liked Bongo's guitar-playing. And Bingo and Bango sure could sing. Never cared for Irving, though. Saw them when they opened for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Sheesh, now there's a band that needs to be lost at sea...

Johnny: Hey, bud. I gotta go... Maybe I'll see you at the Barry Jive & The Uptown Five show next week? Rock on!

No comments: