Tuesday, June 01, 2004

"Dearly Beloved..."


Funeral Karaoke

I'm picturing some excerpts:

"Hello, Pittsburgh, and welcome to Marty Stauffer's funeral! Are you ready to mourn? I can't hear you!! I said ARE YOU READY TO MOURN?!?!"

Grieving Relative #1 It was aaight. It was aaight. You did your thang, dawg, but it was a little pitchy. And wearing black? A little too safe, you know?
Grieving Relative #2 Don't listen to him! I thought your rendition of "Highway To Hell" was just what Grampa would have wanted.
Grieving Relative #3 Sheer torture. In all honesty, during that performance I was wishing I could trade places with the deceased, just so I wouldn't have to hear you sing.

"Thank you! Thank you! And even though Aunt Ruth isn't, I'll be here all week!"
(via Bifurcated Rivets)

No comments: