Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Just A Little Over The Top

Those evil-natured robots
they're programmed to destroy us
she's gotta be strong to fight them
so she's taking lots of vitamins

'Cause she knows that
it'd be tragic
if those evil robots win
I know she can beat them

Oh Yoshimi, they don't believe me
but you won't let those robots defeat me
Yoshimi, they don't believe me
but you won't let those robots eat me


The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, Pt. 1


The winner of the international robot-vs-human armwrestling championship is... Panna Felson, a 17-year-old high school student from San Diego. She needed just 24 seconds to defeat the 'bot.

She then went on to defeat two other robotic arms, one in just three seconds.

No word yet on whether she got a little "help" from Jose Canseco before the match.

(via Slashdot)

PS. Yeah, that's right. I used a Sly Stallone arm-wrestling-movie reference...

No comments: