Thursday, August 25, 2005

The tipping point

Oh oh domino
Roll me over romeo
There you go
Lord have mercy
I said oh oh domino
Roll me over romeo
There you go
Say it again
I said oh oh domino
I said oh oh domino

Van Morrison - "Domino"


Domino Day 2005 is taking place sometime this November in, as far as I can tell, the Netherlands. There teams will try to break various world records for domino toppling. The current team world record, set in 2004 is an amazing 3,992,397 dominos. It flew under my radar, but apparently ABC even aired a special covering the 2001 Domino Day.

Current world records for domino toppling.

Mazeguy explains some of his tips and tricks for a domino setup in his home.

Blogger Okkibokki has some great pics of Domino Day 2004.

domino-day01 <-- More swell DD '04 images from this Netherlands news site

Dutch-based Weijers Domino Productions, which organizes Domino Day, has some interesting pics from past events at their website.

I have been looking all over teh Internets, but have been unable to come up with any video of the event. If anyone can point me to some, I'd be most obliged.

Do you think secretly replacing a team's regular dominos with Weebles is funny or cruel? Just wondering...

On the other end of the domino vs. gravity spectrum, Matthias Aisch of Germany hold the world record for stacking dominos, balancing 726 dominos on a single upended domino. See the amazing pics!

No comments: