Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Right before the Fin

The Top 50 Movie Endings of All Time, according to FilmCritic.com. (via J-Walk)

On a similar note, although this guy might not have the cachet of a professional film critic, this write-up of his own personal Best and Worst Film Endings is, I think, really great. But maybe it's just because he and I seem to have really similar taste in movies (you should go rent The Conversation though -- Hackman really is amazing).

I am, of course, aware that this blog doesn't grab many comments. No biggie... I do it mostly to amuse myself, anyway. However, if you would like to share some of your favorite/least favorite movie endings, I would appreciate it! I'm looking for something new to get from Netflix anyway...

Needless to say, SPOILER ALERT. Those who don't want their surprise movie endings ruined best ought to keep moving. On the other hand, Rosebud was a sled and Planet of the Apes was really Earth all along. HA HA! Gotcha!

Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Invasion of the Body Snatchers, 1978, Kaufmann. One of the best film endings ever. I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it.

Also good: The 400 Blows and The Parallax View.

That writer at the other site is wrong about Chinatown, though. It's a deeply pessimistic ending, but anything else on that film would have been a lie, an L.A. Confidential-style fumble.

--Tuwa. (your site for some reason realizes that I'm logged in but won't let me leave a signed comment ... are you using Blogger Beta? It's still deeply buggy from what I've seen.)

captnkurt said...

Hi Tuwa (of Tuwa's Shanty, perhaps?)

I vaguely remember Body Snatchers and Parallax from the misty recesses of my memory, though I can't recall specifically how they ended. Guess I'll have to put 'em on the old Netflix queue. 400 Blows, too, as I've definitely never seen that one. Thanks for the tips!

Sorry about the comment weirdness. I noticed the Blogger Beta bugs (to coin an alliterative phrase) last night when I tried to comment on someone else's blog.