Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Getting it together

I have gotten hooked on this show called How It's Made that my son Sam watches on The Discovery Channel. The title pretty much says it all. It shows how various items are manufactured, everything from Asphalt to Zippo Lighters. There's just something about watching the clever ways people have found to automate putting various things together really fascinates me.

There's also something very soothing about the program that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's the friendly, laid-back Canadian vibe the host gives off, maybe it's the hypnotic visuals of the mechanized assembly.

You will have to check your local listings, as they say, to find out when it's playing in your part of the planet, but there are a few clips at The Discovery Channels site. I kinda like the one on aluminum foil for some reason...

Technorati tags: , ,

1 comment:

glyphjockey said...

boop boop boopboop boop boop boop

behold the little tiny translucent table......