Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hail to the guy named after the chief

It's true. If I come across anything having to do with the US presidents, I have to send an email about it to my friend Chris, who is a wellspring of presidential trivia and other assorted historical esoterica.



So when I located the Facial Hair Presidents t-shirts, I had to send him the link. When I discovered the Jonathan Coulton song "The Presidents", he was immediately notified. And now tonight I've found another footnote in American presidential history:

Eight Presidential Namesakes


White Sox pitcher Monty Franklin Pierce, who played from 1934 until 1938.

Technorati tags: ,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting characters! Your friend may be interested in my blog posts about Franklin Pierce.

captnkurt said...

Hi david c!

I had fun perusing Lugubrious Drollery, and (of course) dutifully sent it on to my friend, he of the presidential trivia. Remember! There may be presidential trivia, but there are no trivial presidents ;-P

Reba.anne said...

Hey! One of our favorite kids songs is the animaniacs president's song. I'll send it to you...see ya Beck