Saturday, October 11, 2008

When the weatherman said we were due for "some of the white stuff", I don't think this was what he had in mind

A pirate walked into a bar and the bartender said, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened? You look terrible."

"Shiver me timbers, what be ye talkin' about, lad?", said the pirate, "I feel fine!"

"Well," the bartender replies, "What about the wooden leg? You didn't have that before."

The pirate says, "Aye, ye speak true, ye scallywag. We were in a battle and a cannon ball took it clean off, but I'm fine now."

"Well, OK," replied the bartender, "But what about that hook? How did you lose your hand?"

The pirate replied, "We were in another battle. I boarded a ship, got into a sword fight and me hand got cut off. Me ship's sawbones fitted me with this fine hook, bless 'im. 'Twas nothin' ta speak of. Yarrrr!"

"But what about that eye patch?" asked the bartender.

The pirate answered, "Oh, one day we were at sea when a flock o' birds flew over. I looked up and one o' them pooped in me eye."

"You're kidding!" said the bartender, "You lost an eye just from bird poop?"

"Aarrgghh!" said the pirate, 'Twas me first day with the new hook."



Protip: When you are reporting on a local bird infestation and notice a bird has pooped on your jacket, it isn't wise to look up, and even more unwise to look up with your mouth open.


Meanwhile, back in the studio, things take an even more disturbing turn...





On the other hand, I guess things could be worse. Much, much, much worse.

Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: