Friday, July 29, 2005

URL (and 23 other letters, too)

Back in April, J-Walk posted his Alphabet URLs. To make my own list, I typed each letter of the alphabet into my browser address bar, then copied the first autosuggested URL.

I was going to post this back when I first saw it, but at that time, my browser was configured to delete old URLs from the cache after like 3 days or something. I changed it to 365 days to try and build up the list a little. Here now are the current results!

A is for allmusic.com - I often look up information on AllMusic when I want to find out who did a certain song or which album it appears on, who covered it or about a bajillion other details.

B is for blogger.com - Natch.

C is for cnn.com - Other than Google News, CNN is where I've been getting my morning news. I used to visit Drudge, but between the popups (even using Firefox) and the headlines screaming at me, I decided to look for something a little less frantic.

D is for del.icio.us/captnkurt - I frequently visit/add to/edit my personal del.icio.us bookmarks. At first I really was kind of underwhelmed by del.icio.us, but the more I use it, the more I like it and see the advantages.

E is for extremetracking.com - I check Info Nation traffic with Extreme Tracking, or as they call it eXTReMe Tracking (which is eXTReMe I guess because of its rANdoMIzeD cApiTAliZatIOn!!!)

F is for flickr.com - Not only do I use Flickr for hosting the pics on this blog, it's sometimes interesting to randomly nose around either by artist or by tags.

G is for google.com - I know, not exactly earthshaking.

H is for huffingtonpost.com - I think I haven't visited here since the big debut back in May. Does anyone still read The Huffington Post?

I is for informationnation.blogspot.com - Surprise.

J is for jerrylee.com - A co-worker built a little local weather radar aggregator which I sometimes visit.

K is for kk.org/cooltools - Kevin Kelly's Cool Tools always has great reviews of useful tools of all types.

L is for lakenet.llcoop.org - Lakenet is the shared catalog of public libraries in West Michigan who are members of the Lakeland Library Cooperative. Lakeland member libraries are located in 8 counties, all of Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon, Newaygo and Montcalm counties and parts of Barry, Ionia, and Allegan counties.

M is for mail.yahoo.com - I check my Yahoo! mail account from time to time.

N is for news.google.com Google News is probably my current favorite news site.

O is for opencontent.org/oishii - Oishii checks every 5 minutes to see what sites people are bookmarking at del.icio.us. If the site has been bookmarked by 30 or more people, it gets posted at Oishii. People ask where I find some of the off-the-wall sites I find. Many times, it's because I discovered it through here.

P is for presurfer.meepzorp.com - One of my favorite blogs for link hijackage.

Q is for quizfarm.com - I think I took a quiz a while back on "What Is Your World View?"

R is for reelradio.com - ReelRadio has lots of archived radio stuff going way way back. Sometimes when I get sentimental for the radio I grew up with (WLS 890 AM out of Chicago in the 70's and 80's) I'll go locate a Larry Lujack "Animal Stories" or a John Records Landecker "Boogie Check" for a blast from my past.

S is for slashdot.org - Yep. Geek.

T is for technorati.com - When I just gotta know who's been linking to me.

U is for usps.com - Mostly to help me remember what my ZIP + 4 is, since I seem doomed to forget it everytime I want it...

V is for vadercoaster.ytmnd.com - The Vs were a little light in content. Vadercoaster and all xxxxx.ytmnd.com sites in general are little one-joke sites with repeating graphics and/or audio. Their stupid history is found here.

W is for wilwheaton.net - Ex-Star Trek:TNG crewmember Wesley Crusher turned blogger/author/poker player Wil Wheaton's blog. A daily read.

X is for xtragoogle.com/ - Whah? I visited here? No recollection.

Y is for yahoo.com - Huh. I very rarely visit Yahoo! itself apart from getting mail.

Z is for zapwizard.com - PC casemods. Like I said. Geek.

No comments: